6 Best Water Purifier For Home Use – Top of the Market for 2018
Stop Risking Your Health at The Hands of Unclean, Non-Purified Water
Water is life-saving and necessary but clean drinking water is essential. Find the best water purifier for your home and stay healthy.
We are continually facing a challenging situation when it comes to buying a water purifier. Every day new products are adding to the market, and with persuasive marketing g strategies surging, it becomes even difficult to buy the best water purifier.
In this article, we have covered the essentials of choosing a good water purifier and reviews of some of the best water purifier on the market that you can consider. So keep reading along!
6 Best Water Purifier For Home in India [2018 Reviews]
As promised earlier, here are the reviews of best water purifiers on the market that you can compare to choose the best for your use.
RO water purifiers are best if you have a hard water supply at home. The Ruby RO water purifier from AQUA PHOENIX is one of the best water purifiers for home use. The brand has over 10 years of experience in manufacturing RO based water purifiers with unique design and make.
The fact that most of RO water purifiers come at a higher cost, you would love to invest in Ruby RO that guarantees quality at a very reasonable price.
Ruby RO comes with six level water purification:
It’s micro sediment filter efficiently removes all the rust, dirt and suspended sand particles from the water
The activated carbon filter is efficient to remove up to 99% of all chlorine and other chemicals present in the water. It also reduces odor and color from the water.
RO membrane in the filter system can efficiently process 75 gallons of water per day. The composite RO membrane removes impurities like lead, chromium, mercury, copper, barium, Fluoride, calcium, sodium, pesticides, nitrates and selenium from the water yeh check karne k liye dala ap ne read kia bhi k nahi.
UV light disinfects the water and destroys bacteria and viruses and other microorganisms in the water making drinking water pure and safe for drinking.
Mineral cartridge maintains and adds essential miner in the water to make the water healthy for drinking.
After the water passes through each stage, it is then stored for you to drink. So when you are bothered with what water purifiers to buy, and you have a limited budget, the Ruby RO water purifier can be your best help.
Now to further help you with more informed choice, the filter is excellent with original parts manufactured in the USA using the Japanese Technology.
So What’s Good
- Six stage water purification
- Filter change indicator
- 12 letters storage capacity
- One year warranty on electrical parts
What’s Not So Good
- Poor customer care service
Well. If you are looking for an answer to which water purifier is best, then I am sure you got your answer now. So what are you waiting for, get the Ruby RO+UV+ TDS controller water purifier and bring good health to your family!
Excessive purification of water may extract the essential minerals in the water as well. But with Livpure Glo you get all the benefits of pure and fresh water with essential minerals and safe drinking water.
Livpure brings you a seven-liter water purifier that purifies water with its advanced UV and RO technology and mineralizer that keeps the essential minerals in the water intact and add minerals that are vital for healthy drinking water yeh check karne k liye dala ap ne read kia bhi k nahi.
The six-stage water purification system
The Livpure water purifiers work at six stages to supply pure water.
Stage 1: Sediment filtration
It removes water impurities like sand, dust, rust and coarse and fine particles in water.
Stage 2: Absorbing carbon filter
The pre-activated carbon filter absorbs organic impurities and chlorine from the water. Is also absorbs pesticide, chemicals, industrial waste while removing door and color.
Stage 3: Reverse Osmosis
When the water passes through the RO membrane, it removes harmful chemicals like herbicides, THM and hazardous metals like copper, leads along with water hardness and salts.
Stage 4: UV column
When the water passes through the UV light column, it kills the microorganisms p, bacteria and viruses in the water, protecting you against microbes.
Stage 5: Silver Implemented carbon (post) filter
At this stage, volatile organic contaminants are removed, and taste of water is enhanced.
Stage 6: Mineralizer
The mineralizer aids in enhancing the taste of purified water balances the water pH level and adds essential minerals to the water.
With this amazingly designed water purifier, you get highly safe and healthy drinking water instantly. It can convert tap water into pure and safe drinking water at a rate of 1500 ppm. With a delivery capacity of 12 letters per hour and storage of 7 liters of purified water, Livpure guarantees healthy and safe water for every house.
Given that there were many complaints from different cities for poor installation and maintenance services, yet in areas like NCR, Delhi, And other northern states the customer response was good.
- Six stage water purification system
- Added mineralizer for healthy water
- One year warranty on the product
- Water storage tank Made from food grade plastic
What’s Not So Good
- Installation and after sales services
Well, this is undoubtedly within budget water purifier that gives excellent tasting and healthy water, but still, the customer service needs a lot of improvement especially in some areas. Hopefully, the company will look to improve their service. Given that it’s worth the money you spend.
3. Kent Ace Mineral 7-Litre 60-Watt RO+UV+UF Water Purifier (White and Aquamarine)
Looking for a perfect water purifier that fits in your kitchen and provides guaranteed safe drinking water with a trusted brand name, then Kent Ace Mineral water purifier should be your choice.
Kent is among the largest selling water purifier brand in India. Although it’s priced a bit on the higher side ones you know what it’s offering, the price will be all the worth.
The Kent Ace Mineral water purifier has a storing capacity of seven liters with storage container made of food grade plastic.
Filtration process consists of high-quality RO +UF+UV+TDS controller. The filtration system has the potential to remove harsh chemicals, dissolved impurities, microbes and sediments providing you safe and fresh drinking water every time.
The Kent Ace is WQA and NSF certified and is tested rigorously to meet highest levels of safety and quality standards. It has also received the Gold Seal certificate for providing excellent water quality. It’s the largest and the best water purifier in India.
This water purifier can filter water from any water source, i.e., municipal or groundwater or any other. So whatever be the water supply source at your home Kent Ace Mineral water purifier will deliver you pure and fresh tasting water yeh check karne k liye dala ap ne read kia bhi k nahi.
Supplied with an 11 watt UV lamp, it can quickly deactivate harmful microorganisms providing 100% pure drinking water.
Comes with a filter change alarm that goes on when cartridges need replacement. There is UV fail alarm as well that notifies if UV has failed and it needs replacement.
The process of water purification in Kent Ace is fully automated. While the use of latest technology spin welded, RO gives the membrane greater life and quality performance.
All the components are easy to fit and leak-proof, and the best part the installation is free and provided by the manufacturer.
So What’s Good
- Perfect 60-watt wall mounted purifier
- RO+UV+UF+TDS controller with the latest technology
- Purifies 15 liters of water per hour with 7 liters of storage capacity
- One year warranty on parts and six months warranty on cartridges
What’s Not So Good
- The waste to filtered water ratio is comparatively higher
All in all a worthy buy with the warranty from the manufacturer. A little delay in customer service can happen sometimes, but the water quality is uncompromising.
The classic RO +UV water purifier is a little wonder for every home. With extensive six-stage water purification system, it delivers safe, and great tasting purified water.
The best part of this purifier is that it comes with an in-built voltage guard that keep your purifier safe even at extremely high or low voltage.
With the HUL Pureit, you get an efficient and long-lasting purifier made from the engineering grade plastic body and with a storage tank made of food grade plastic having a capacity of 6 liters.
Extremely advanced six-stage filtration process reduces all impurities, contamination, dissolved solids and microbes to more than 90% accuracy.
Its six-stage purification consists of pre-sediment filtration, pre-RO carbon filtration, post Carbon Sediment filtration, RO membrane, Microfiltration or the UV filtration and post RO Carbon filtration.
The TDS controller can work on hard water with 1800 ppm and soften the hard water making it safe for drinking.
Filtration system and blocks or cartridges are made from larger blocks that allows water to remain in contact with filtration blocks for a longer time thus helping in purify water with increased efficiency. Larger filtration blocks are indicative of better and higher life of the filter and the RO membrane.
One of the best parts of buying the HUL Pureit water filter is that you get a free installation that is easy and hassle-free. The product comes with one year warranty from the manufacturer yeh check karne k liye dala ap ne read kia bhi k nahi.
HUL Pureit has Sleek and stylish design to compliment your kitchen and enhance its looks. Weighs around 7.87 kgs so you can easily mount it on the wall.
So What’s Good
- Advanced technology water purification system with RO+UV+MF+TDS controller
- Built-in voltage guard to save the appliance from extreme voltage fluctuations
- Easy and free installation
- One year warranty on the product
What’s Not So Good
- No alarm system of any kind, neither for a filter change or power off or UV change
If you are searching for a trusted water purifier without a fancy name or looks or any additional systems, but only pure and safe drinking water then HUL Pureit should be your choice.
5. Blue Star Majesto MA4BSAM01 8-Litre RO + UV Water Purifier (Black/Silver)
Majestic by name, elegant by design, welcome to your home, a water purifier that guarantees fresh and safe drinking water. Bring home the new BlueStar Majesto and replenish your thrust with healthy and tasty drinking water.
The six-stage advanced water purification system can be summarized as:
Stage 1: Pre-filter
Stage 2: Pre Carbon filter
Stage 3: Sediments filter
Stage 4: Reverse Osmosis Membrane
Stage 5: Ultra Violet Lamp
Stage 6: ARB enabled Post Carbon filter
Now, the Blue Star Majesto is loaded with many features you are inevitably going to love. I won’t say it’s very budgeted yet it’s good for its price and gives a fierce competition to its competitors like Kent or Aquaguard.
Coming to its features, the Blue Star Majesto will deliver you:
- Highest quality safe drinking water with its advanced six-stage purification process
- Comes with double layered UV+RO protection for cleanliness NV the water with all contaminations.
- 8 liters of storage capacity for fresh filtered water every time
- Unique ATB or Aqua Taste Booster technology to enhance and supply excellent tasting water
- Copper impregnated Carbon filter for safely removing all solid impurities and dissolved chemicals.
- RO membrane can efficiently filter 285 liters of water per day
- Comes with added security and alarm features, like child lock and tank full alarm
- Sleek and stylish design to complement your kitchen style.
The best part of this purifier is that it had TDS controller as well. It can efficiently turn hard water upto 2000 ppm into safe sweet drinking water.
Apart from this, the manufacturer offers one year guarantee on the product with free installation. The after sales services are excellent.
So What’s Good
- Advanced technology for water purification
- 8 liters of storage capacity
- Double layered UV and RO
- One year warranty with free installation
What’s Not So Good
- 10 kgs of weight are Quite heavy to mount.
An excellent product with the better promise of safe drinking water. But the quality of the material used is low, Cannot say cheap as you are paying the right amount. Given its stylish black color and design, it can surely suit your elegant kitchen.
6. Havells Max Mineralizer
Havells is not a new name, it’s been in the market for long enough to gain customers trust, and when a product comes from such a reputed brand name, it sure must have the extraordinary quality backing it. Well, yes, indeed it is, the all-new Havells Max water purifier is a complete package. It’s not only a water purifier but it a total family health benefit.
The Havells Max is an eight liters capacity UV+RO+ Mineraliser with added benefits of revitalizer. The two-stage water purification process involves the water passing through the reverse osmosis process and then through the UV screen to get rid of all the impurities and harmful chemicals and pesticides, making the water safe for drinking.
There is an added mineral cartridge that is responsible for correcting the pH of the purified water. The mineralizer also combines natural minerals and other natural elements back to the filtered water to make it healthier. So every time you drink the water, it not only tastes good it’s healthy for you and your family.
Let’s take a close look at the highlighted features of this fantastic water purifier:
- The makers of Max, have taken into account the revitalizing effect of water that is lost due to water pollution and a lot of pollutants added to it. Havells has added a revitalizer that restructures the molecules in the water, making it biological more active. This would help improve its mineral absorption power and hydration making it a lot more beneficial than having any other water purifier.
- Havells Max comes with an inbuilt technology ‘I protect’ that continually monitors the quality of water purified thus ensuring you safe and clean drinking water every time.
- The exceptionally advanced electrical design makes it performance oriented with benchmarking power cut if the voltage exceeds or drops from a certain point. Thus safeguarding your appliance from electrical failures, imparting it a longer life.
- Comes with an effective seven-stage water purification system that ensures the highest level of safety and quality drinking water.
- Individual germicidal added to get rid of all the germs present in the water, providing 100% clean and germ-free drinking water.
No pre-filter is required with this multi-level water purification system. Customers can go blindly with this high technology and design that can fit any home.
Should you buy RO, UV or UF water purifier?
For healthy living, it is essential to drink water clean and pure water. In most Metropolitan areas the quality of water is depreciating. Selecting the right water filter is necessary to get the right purity of water for drinking. Impure water contains pesticides and harmful bacteria that can bring with them many diseases. If you have children at home selecting the right water filter becomes even more critical.
Which one is better?
- There is no specific answer to the question as the most suitable water filter for you is going to depend upon your requirements.
- There are various types of water filters available in the market that differs in their process of cleaning water.
- To be able to select the right water filter you need to understand the features of each type.
- Reverse osmosis or RO, ultraviolet or UV and Ultra filtration for UF are the three common filters available in the market.
- Each of the water filters has their advantages and your choice of the device needs to depend on your requirement.
RO UV UF difference
Below we have listed down the fundamental differences between the RO, UV and UF water filters that will help you to make the right choice yeh check karne k liye dala ap ne read kia bhi k nahi-
- The reverse osmosis water filter require electricity to operate
- It kills and removed almost all bacteria from the water
- It needs to have a specific amount of water pressure for which additional power is needed.
- RO water filter removes even the dissolved salts in water.
- If the water is filthy, it needs to be combined with the pre-filtration system to improve the quality.
- Ultraviolet water filters require electricity to operate
- They kill all the virus and bacteria however the dead bodies stay in the water and are not removed
- UV water filters can work efficiently with a limited water pressure
- The water filters cannot remove the dissolved salts
- The water needs to be clean enough for the UV filter to work appropriately
- The UF water filter does not require any electricity to operate
- It kills and removes all kinds of bacteria and virus from the water
- It can work with a regular water pressure supply
- It is not able to able to remove any dissolved salt from the water
- The filter provides excellent results even when the water is filthy.
Benefits of RO UV UF
- The main benefit of RO water filter is that it can remove all kinds of bacteria virus and even dissolved Salt from the water
- The UV water filter can work with dirty water but will not remove the killed bacteria and viruses. Another benefit of UV filter is that it can work even if the water pressure is low.
- The UF water filter has its advantage. It is affordable and can work efficiently without the use of any electricity.
Some other points to consider
There are numerous brands and models of these water filters available in the market. Cost of all of these filters differs immensely. You need to compare the features against your requirement and then select a model that will suffice your requirements. yeh check karne k liye dala ap ne read kia bhi k nahi Do not get attracted to some fake brands that sell similar kind of water filter at a low price as the quality of water that you are drinking will play a significant role in your health and lifestyle
Why is Water Purifier Important For Indian Homes?
Water sources in India are very diverse from rivers to reservoirs, but with increasing pollution level, the water quality is degrading over time. Although the Government is working on the issue along with various NGOs, yet it will take a long time to get the rivers cleaned.
Keeping this in mind, it is quintessential that every household in India must have a suitable water purifier. Although, is some houses water is supplied through underground sources still the underground water is high on salt and sediments content. However, both municipal and groundwater needs to be purified before it’s safe for drinking.
The market offers a wide range and makes of water purifiers to fit the budget of every individual living in India. But the problem is that not everyone is aware of the kind of water filter they must get for their home. The water supply at your home determines the type of water filter you should use. Now, understanding this is essential to get safe and healthy drinking water at home.
Although, the municipal water is treated to make it clean yet it is not safe for drinking. As the water is treated with chlorine and other chemicals to get rid of bacteria and other water pollutants, the water still has a substantial amount of chlorine, pesticides and other industrial wastes in it. It must be cleaned before drinking. You cannot go on boiling water every day, right! You need a perfect solution to this problem.
In this blog, we have covered different water purifiers suitable for Indian homes based on a kind of water supply and purification process needed to purify it. Along with this, we have provided suggestions for budget buys and best buys in the market. Hope when you are done reading this, you would have figured out which water purifier you would want for your home.
Benefits of Water Purifier For Indian Homes
You must be aware of the deteriorating water condition of rivers in India, but rivers are the primary source of water for every purpose even for drinking. Although the government is doing its bit to make the water safe and clean it’s we the people that need to work harder in maintaining that cleanliness!
Well, rest thing apart, most children under the age of five die of cholera and diarrhea and other diseases born of drinking contaminated water. yeh check karne k liye dala ap ne read kia bhi k nahi This alone is the most significant cause of using water purifiers in Indian homes for getting save and clean drinking water.
Underlined are significant benefits of using water purifier for Indian homes:
- The paramount merit of using the water purifier is that it provides clean and safe drinking water.
- It helps in filtering almost 99% of germs, bacteria, pesticides, and chemicals which mear boiling the water can’t provide.
- Wards off the bad odor and taste in the water making it taste good and pure.
- The latest technology used in water filters helps in removing even the harshest of industrial chemicals that get dissolved in the water. Thus preventing many unwanted diseases.
- With the improvement in technology, now the water filters are available at little cost to benefit even the marginal spending people so that they can have access to clean water.
- Most homes in India get an underground water supply that is hard, the RO water purifiers help in reducing the hardness of the water making it soft and safe for drinking.
- Filters with TDS controller keeps a check on the water quality and aid in providing the best water safe for drinking.
How to Choose The Best Water Purifier 2018
When the health of your family is at stake, each decision counts. And buying a good water purifier is critical. Pure and fresh water free from any contamination will help in keeping your family healthy and disease free. Especially if you have kids at home, it is vital to decide after much research and comparing options.
While you are on the hunt to find the best water purifier for home use, you must have answers to these questions.
The quality of water is essential to determine what kind of water purifier will work best in your home. You must get the water checked at home before buying a purifier. The TDS level and water hardness will be paramount in this respect. If the water supply at your home has high TDS and is hard i.e. salt content in water is higher then opting for an RO water purifier is better. While if the water is soft and, with low TDS, a multi-level carbon filter will do the purification.
Check water contamination:
Water contains various bacteria, viruses, nitrate, dissolved pesticides and chemicals, industrial waste and suspended solids; all these contaminate the water making it harmful even dangerous to drink. It every water purifier can remove all type of contamination. Therefore you need to check the kind of Contamination in the water supply at your home and then decide which water filter will suit your needs. If the water has high contamination going with a UV+UF+RO will be the right choice. But if contamination is only in nature of sediments and bacteria then a carbon n filter with UF will do the job well.
Yet another critical factor to know is the storage capacity in a water filter. The water filtration and storage capacity should be able to match your daily requirements for drinking and kitchen use. The automatic purifier is one good option because in that you don’t need to do anything. As soon as the water level will go down it will automatically start filtering to fill the tank. Thus you will always have water for your needs.
Every water filter call for regular maintenance. At least once in a year, the cartridges need to be replaced. So you must check the support that will be required in a purifier before you buy it. There are some filters that will require six monthly maintenance as well. Such maintenance add to the cost of the purifier. The after sales services have to be better in this regard. If the company doesn’t provide a good after sales then there is no pony buying it.
Warranty and Certification:
Always check the certifications of the water filter you are going to buy. It will help you identify a genuine and authentic brand and quality product. Along with this, it is essential that you check for the warranty of the product.
So, after you have gathered all these information now, you are ready to compare different makes and brands in the market to make a better choice for the best water purifier for home.
Now, this brings us to the end of reviewing products. Hopefully, till now you must have made your mind on which water purifier is the best. As for me, I use the Kent RO+UV+TDS controller at home and with my three-year-old son drinking the same water, I never had complaints from it. The customer care is good, though they take 48 hours to remind that’s their standard time. The cartridges need replacement every year since water supplied in our is very hard. Apart from that no issue as I have been using it for three years now.